We all want to live in a city that is fun and thriving, and one of the easiest ways to help achieve this is to shop and eat local! When you spend your hard earned dollars at locally owned shops, a good chunk of that revenue flows right back into your city through taxes, business owner investments, etc.
So in the spirit of #DTWD here’s a list of Jax’s local spots I’m currently obsessed with:
- Wolf & Cub – This shop is nestled in Downtown Jacksonville, and has a great selection of vintage clothing and fun jewelry. They also have a ton of fun Jags shirts and all things Duval.
- The Copper Closet – This is one shop I never leave empty handed. You can tell they’re true locals by their awesome selection of koozies to keep those drinks from sweltering in the summer. They always have the best selection of fun, trendy clothing and GREAT prices!
- MyDry Blowout Bar’s Boutique – I always find the best earrings here. I love that there are only a few of each item, so you don’t see the pieces you purchase all over town. They have some unique & beautiful selections!
- Sweet Pete’s Candy – Sweet Pete’s is a go to for fun, unique gifts. I mean who doesn’t love candy or a candy themed item???
- Blush & Ivory – This salon has the cutest boutique hanging out in the back! They have a great selection, and very reasonable prices. You can also check them out online ! Use Katsletterbox2019 for a discount.
Eats & Drinks:
- Southern Grounds – Current menu obsession is the California Bagel. This can be a fun spot for brunch with friends, or a spot to chill and work. There are seating options outside and inside and the food, coffee and mimosas are great!
- Chamblin’s Uptown – I love Chamblin’s yummy vegan and vegetarian lunch options, and there is a fun used book store to browse after you eat!
- The Mossfire Grill – Y’all the ranch burger taco is LIFE CHANGING! I have literally dreamed about it. So many yummy food options, any their service is always fantastic.
- Mini Bar Donuts – Most people would talk about the donuts, but I’m here for the cereal milk lattes. So. Flipping. Good! Great place to chill with friends, especially those with kiddos.
- Culhane’s Irish Pub – The new Southside location is quickly becoming my local watering hole. The bar staff is so lovely, and the food is delicious too. Try the scotch egg and you’ll for sure be back!
- Olio – Working downtown this is my go to lunch spot. The staff is so, so nice and the food is yummy. They like to put what I call a “hipster spin” on normal lunch time items.
- River & Post – You can’t beat the view from River & Post. Such a fun place to do happy hour, and there is usually some live music going on to add to the ambiance.
- DOMU – Y’all I have literally had dreams about their wings! The food here is incredible, and they have really fun cocktails too.
- Burrito Gallery – Obviously you can get yummy burritos here, but the new location on Gate Parkway has quickly become one of my favorite places to hangout. It’s a cool vibe and the bartenders are always great!
- Pure Barre Tapestry Park – This studio not only provides great barre workouts. They always have fun events happening and have a killer selection of workout gear to shop!
- MyDry Blowout Bar – I never leave MyDry feeling anything but fabulous. They really know how to give you that pamper treatment.
- Pompy Portraits – Y’all Angelica is a magical photog wizard! Seriously. No matter the occasion for photos, she will make you feel bold and drop dead gorgeous. You’ll have the best time with her!
- Kraken Cycleboats – This is such a fun time for parties! It is byob and snacks, and you get a fun pedal boat cruise down the river. Definitely worth a go!
- Hello Lovely Salon – This woman owned salon is my absolute fave! It is such a cute atmosphere, and Casey always does a great job on my hair.
I hope y’all will visit some of these spots and show some love! If there are any not listed that you think are a must try, drop them below in the comments!
COVID-19 update: I know we can’t necessarily go hang out anywhere right now with the virus. However, we can buy gift cards, order take out, or drop by to pick up products from our favorite local retailers. They probably need us now more than ever. So if you can, shop local and help keep our local economy afloat during this crazy, weird time!