In Jax it seems all Hurricane Dorian did was give us a few days off and produce meme madness, but unfortunately all in his path were not as lucky. Dorian completely ravaged the Bahamas before skirting Florida’s coast, and now he is flooding South Carolina.
For us Floridians who have gone through hurricanes, we know how terrible this damage can be and how long it can get back to normal after a bigger storm. In these situations any bit of help you can provide goes a long way.
Below are some local and national relief efforts, if you are looking for ways to contribute:
LOCAL JAX EFFORTS:
- Wicked Barley Brewing is collecting supplies that are being sent down to the Bahamas through Saturday, September 7th. Details can be found here.
- MyDry Blowout Bar is collecting supplies at both locations, and will donate $10 from every blowout to relief efforts through September 15th. Details are here.
- All North Florida Winn-Dixie and Harveys grocery store locations will take donations on behalf of American Red Cross Disaster Relief program. Click links for store locations.
- First Coast High School’s PTSA is collecting supplies. Details are here.
- Kendra Scott is sending 100% of proceeds from select pieces to Hurricane Dorian relief. Shop these looks here.
- World Central Kitchen is sending teams to provide food for survivors in the Bahamas. You can donate here.
- The Salvation Army is working on relief efforts at home and the Bahamas. You can donate here.
- Mercy Corps already has a team in the Bahamas working on immediate rescue and aid. Their donation link is here.
- Good360 is accepting donations. At this point they are not moving goods directly until that know what is needed and that those goods can actually be received. If you would like to donate cash now, or pledge to provide specific goods once needed, details are here.
“KINDNESS IS SPREADING SUNSHINE INTO OTHER PEOPLE’S LIVES REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER.” — RAKtivist