Happy October friends! I love October because it is when we really start to feel like fall with Halloween, pumpkin everything and fall festivals, but it is also Breast Cancer Awareness month.
This is a disease that doesn’t discriminate, and affects women we love of all ages! While we all love a good excuse to wear a lot of pink, Breast Cancer Awareness month is also a great time to participate in fundraisers and to support our local nonprofits that combat this disease all year long!
There are a TON of ways you can help combat breast cancer & support its survivors here in Jax this month, but here are a few of my favorite events:
- October 5th, Brunch & Barre at True Food Kitchen – Hosted by Pure Barre Tapestry Park, this barre class is only $5 with all proceeds benefiting The Donna Foundation.
- October 5th, BOOBSAPALOOZA at Lynch’s Irish Pub – Only $10 for a day of music with 22 bands, pink drink specials & celebrating survivors.
- October 10th, Painting With A Twist – The San Marco location is hosting their *BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH* Ladies Night
- October 17th, What Everyone Should Know About Breast Health – A Public Forum – This is a free awareness event put on by UFHealth and the Florida Breast Cancer Foundation.
- October 19th, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer – If you do not want to walk/run, they’re always looking for volunteers!
Ways to support Breast Cancer Awareness month without attending an event:
- All month long shop Kendra Scott – 20% of every purchase in the Give Back collection goes to BCRF research grant.
- Shop Show Me Your Mumu’s pink collection – 10% of every purchase goes to Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC)
- Donate to Real Wear Pink of Jacksonville
- Donate to The DONNA Foundation
- Donate to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation