Hey y’all it has been a while since I launched the KatsLetterbox Blog, so I’ve decided I should formally introduce myself! Hi, I’m Kat or Kathleen if you’re feeling more formal!
I moved to Jacksonville 15 years ago from Ocala, Florida to attend the University of North Florida. What can I say between the beaches and the people I loved it and made it my home after college.
I’ve spent a good bit of time at UNF (Go Ospreys!). I received my Bachelor’s in Public Relations and going back to get my Master’s in Public Administration.
During my time in school, I always envisioned myself becoming a power house politician and taking over the world. So naturally, after graduating with my MPA, I packed my things and joined a congressional campaign in Upstate New York as its Finance Director. The campaign itself is mostly a story for another day, but lets just say that the overall vibe of that campaign was more cut-throat, gritty, and even sometimes conniving than I was comfortable with. I left New York a little jaded feeling like I needed a shower, and maybe even a new dream.
Where I Am Now
Fast forward to now, and I am working in local politics (picture
Chumbawamba‘s “I get knocked down” playing in the background) as the Chief Financial Officer of the Duval County Property Appraiser’s Office. After spending a few years at the City of Jacksonville’s Budget Office, I moved over to the PAO. It has been fun learning the ends and out of our great city. I have even found learning the quirks of being city/county consolidated to be enjoyable!
Over all I’ve really enjoyed my career in Finance! While I still feel I have so much more to accomplish, I still crave a creative outlet. Cue KatsLetterbox… I started this blog as a fun hobby to use my more creative side on something besides my Excel spreadsheets!
To help us get to know each other better here are ten fun tidbits about myself:
- I’ve been married to my handsome hubby for almost five years.
- I am a professional on the outside, but a kid at heart on the inside. Give me unicorns or anything sparkly and I’m yours forever!
- I do not believe that professional attire & fashion are mutually exclusive.
- I could probably eat pizza everyday for the rest of my life and be totally okay with it.
- I am mildly obsessed with Pure Barre. The shake is real y’all!
- I’ve more recently become scooter obsessed and think that riding mine around the Towncenter is the most fun.
- I indulge in the guilty pleasure of Bravo shows, mostly Vanderpump Rules, Southern Charm and Summer House.
- I love reading and have my library card number memorized.
- I love traveling and exploring new cities and places! Travel buddies vary from my hubby to my girlfriends.
- I am anxiety ridden and could probably worry about worrying too much.
I look forward to continuing this journey & getting to know you all along the way!